Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Deadline

I'm 24. I know I'm not getting any younger. Do you think it's still possible that I meet someone I really like and who likes me back before the year actually ends? I was kind of hoping that I'd change my Friendster status from "Single" to "In a Relationship" by Christmas. My profile at G4M a gay/bi-oriented website goes...

I dont consider that there's got to be a special place to meet people, to meet the one. it could be in a plane, in a jeepney, walking the pedestrian lane on your way to work, or right here at g4m. im not complicated and dont want to get involved in someone with too much drama (some would be okay, haha). i like the beach a lot, but hey, that doesnt mean im ripped like a model so for those who date only buffed guys, skip to the next profile, ayt? that's not to say im fat, though. My profile used to say that im hoping to meet my first boyfriend by Christmas '06, but i dont know, with me trying to keep this 'other' life secret, im gonna need your patience so maybe December is unreasonable.
The thing is, I've been spending all my past 23 Christmases as a single guy. You know how it works. You spend it with your family. You exchange text messages with friends and greet them some Santa Claus crap. You go out with your friends for reunion and corny stuff like that. And then your friends who are not single ask you uncomfortable questions like, "When are you gonna get a girlfriend?" or "How's your love life?" You just smile and try to change the topic, while at the back of your head you want to kick their faces and roast them alive. I mean, do their entire lives revolve around me and they feel incomplete if I don't get myself a partner?

To single gay/bi guys out there,

How do you spend your Christmas? Comments are welcome.


8 comments:

Deej Diaz said...

Don't loose hope... everything will just fall into place!

moodswings said...

reality check.

ask yourself the following questions:

(1) when did you start seriously looking for a bf?
(2) what kind of bf are you looking for?
(3) how many dates have you been on?
(4) how many bi/gay guys do you know are in long-term, seriously happy relationships?

fact is, the statistics are going against you at this time. manage your expectations, kid. you're not unlucky, you're normal.

moodswings said...

oh, and about answering the "how's your lovelife?" question, here's how i used to answer...

"lovelife? *sigh* nada. *big smile* but my sex life has never been better! how is yours?"


bwahahaha! that always floors them.

naughty me.

Anonymous said...

good one, chris! :)
although, that would also make them start digging for more info...

moodswings said...

trust me, they won't.

it's easy to fend off those that do... you smile, wink and stay mysterious... it's really none of their business, after all. =)

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping by my page.

so you'd give tenacious d a 4.1 eh? well, it was a funny film but i find it kinda lacking. to each his own, i guess.

happy new year.

http://dan.i.ph

Anonymous said...

G4M. I've had my share of rendezvous with guys from that site. I used to have three profiles, two of them slutty. The news is that I never found any boyfriend material on G4M. So I scrapped the whole thing. I know others though who met good people there. But from my vantage point, G4M is a good site to shop for sex, where dick heads are a dime a dozen. But who knows right? It must just be me. The bottomline really is to not pressure yourself. Enjoy being yourself.

Anonymous said...

A single gay guy can spend his Christmas by his lonesome self, but after two or three alone-time Christmases, it will suck big time. Look at me, I ended up being jaded and have long since abandoned the Christmas spirit.