Saturday, October 27, 2007

Gym?

I'm thinking of hitting the gym again- seriously, this time. In the past, I paid for a year-long membership and I was able to drop by and work out for about... 10 times only.

How do you guys do it? Find the discipline and all? And the food! How can you turn your back on chocolates, ice cream, cakes, sugar, spice and everything nice?

But now there's a well-furnished gym in my office building, and it's free. I am tempted to pull myself together and be a gym nut, but something else is making me hesitant.

I tend to become very self conscious. I cannot -even if my life depended on it- lift heavy weights. I have very weak arms and chest, I fucking hate them. And so when I am in the gym, I am resigned to lift only 10's or 15's. Which is so not cool. I am like Jane Fonda, dumbells in hands, in a TV aerobics program.

Should I, or should I not? It's a really petty issue but I don't want to look like a clumsy arse in the office gym.

3 comments:

tentative said...

Should I, or should I not? You should; why not. Everybody starts somewhere... 10lbs might be light, but you still need to be comfortable with the weight to be able to lift heavier later. At the end of the day, it's not about other people's perceptions (because they should be minding their own workout)or even about aesthetics (although nice cuts will guarantee more cruising stares, hehe). It will be about you feeling lighter and better.

Haha, take this from someone who also also wastes his gym membership by going there only once a week. =)

Dats said...

I guess going to gym and enroll would be a great git for your self!!! :)

Anonymous said...

this is my rule when it comes to weight maintenance: "whatever you eat as long as you eat with joy, you will stay fit and slender"

if i eat and feel guilty about what i eat, i kinda feel like fats are forming. i dunno. i have no scientific explanation for it.